Do I Need to See a Urogynecologist?

Pelvic floor disorders (PFDs), such as urinary incontinence and uterine prolapse, affect as many as one in three women in the U.S. PFDs can severely impact your quality of life, but many of these conditions can be treated or cured.

Pelvic floor disorders involve the muscles, ligaments, connective tissue, and nerves in the uterus, vagina, bladder and rectum. Although a primary care physician or general OB-GYN can address certain pelvic floor disorders, a female pelvic medicine specialist (urogynecologist) has the extra training necessary to administer appropriate treatment and improve a patient’s quality of life using a blend of gynecology and reconstructive surgery.

Use this self-assessment form below to see if you need to see a urogynecologist.

Indicates a required field



 Think it’s time to see a urogynecologist?

Contact us at 720-505-5063  or Request an Appointment